Pages

Tuesday 28 August 2012

My Observation Report


My Observation Report


Introduction-This term we have been learning about plants.
My group has chosen the experiment stain the veins.
Involving in my experiment I have to use food colouring,scissors,a plastic cup or bowl,a bunch of flowers.



Procedure- On August the 10th on Friday
my group gathered the food colouring,the water,the bunch of flowers,a pair of scissors and the cup to put all of the ingredients in.
Me and my group had to pour about six tablespoons of food colouring into each plastic cup and had to pour water until the cup was half full.   
We had to carefully cut the rear inside bits of the stem with the pair of scissors,then put the two flowers in the plastic cups with the food colouring inside.



Observations-On the next day we had saw that our hypothesis was right and we had also saw that the petals on the flowers had changed colour too.
The day after that me and my group had saw that the food colouring was darker and the inside bits of the stem had  changed colour too.
The last day of observation me and my group had saw that the plants were turning into an orange colour.


Conclusion- I discovered that if you put food colouring and water in a bowl or cup and leave it there, then the petals on the flower will  change colour.
I also found out that if you you don’t water the plants, then they die.
I felt happy about my experiment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment